1) Wash and dry Chicken.
2) In a small bowl, combine a Teaspoon each of the spices, Salt, Pepper, Oregano, Poultry Seasoning, Sage, Basil, and Pepper, mix well and set aside.
3) Prep Vegetables.
1) Cut Sugar Pie Pumpkin in half, scoop out the seeds, cut off skin and dice into bite size chunks.
2) Dice the Onion, Two Cloves Garlic(Make sure the Garlic isn't diced too fine, it will get sweeter as it roasts in the oven.)
3) Dice almost all of a small head of Celery into big bite size pieces(so it doesn't fall apart and disappear in the roasting process.)
4) Measure half a cup of Olive oil, pour it into the bottom of the roasting tin, along with all the vegetables, and two teaspoons of the seasoning mixture.
5) Toss all the vegetables together.
6) Place the Chicken on top of the vegetables, and add the two Bay Leaves(these can be dry or fresh, depending on what you have.)
7) Cut a Tablespoon of Butter, and dot it over the Chicken, and add the rest of the spice mixture.
8) Try and get the Butter and spice mixture as evenly coated around the chicken as you can.
9) Place in a 350 Degree oven for an Hour and a Half(the cooking time may vary, I used a small chicken, but if you choose a bigger one it may take longer.)
10) I do not own a meat thermometer, so to check to make sure that the chicken is safe, I make sure first theres no blood coming out of the chicken, and then I poke the thickest part of the chicken with a sharp knife to make sure the juices that run out are clear, if not I put the chicken back in the oven for another thirty minutes.