1) Place half a cup of Long Grain White Rice in a small pot, along with 1 Pinch of Salt, and a cup of Water.
2) Bring to a boil, bring heat down to as low as your stove can go, cover the pot and let it simmer, until all the Water has been evaporated.
3) Set aside.
For the Soup.
1)Place a medium pot on Medium High Heat, while that's preheating, chop your vegetables.
2) Chop half a cup of baby Carrots(or big regular Carrots, whatever you have.)
3) Chop a cup of Celery(big chunks, you want to be able to have the texture of the Vegetables.)
4) Chop half a White Onion, and slice two Cloves of Garlic.
5) Lastly, chop the Rosemary(about half a sprig, it's pretty strong in this soup), as finely as you can.
6) Place a Tablespoon of Olive Oil(Forgot to post that with the picture), and add your Onions, Carrots, and Celery, a teaspoon of Salt, Rosemary, Garlic, and a few cracks of Black Pepper(or half a Teaspoon), and one Big Bay Leaf, or two small ones.
7) Sautee the Vegetables and Spices until their translucent, this may take five to ten minutes, depending on your stove.
8) Once your Vegetables have turned translucent, add the canned Tomatoes(with juices), and fill the cans one and a half times and dump the water over the Vegetables.
9) Next add a cup and a half of Water, and season the Liquid with a little more Salt and Pepper to taste.
10) Bring the Broth up to a boil, then turn the heat all the way down to a low simmer, and simmer for 35 minutes.
1) Spoon Vegetable Soup into a bowl, and spoon the Rice on top, mix in the Rice as you eat.