1) Cut a hole (either in a circle or square) in the middle of a piece of bread.
2) Heat two tablespoons of butter in a skillet over medium high heat.
3) Place bread into butter, leave in the pan a minute or so.
4) Crack an egg into the hole you made in the bread. Season with salt.
5) Let the white part of the egg start to turn white, this takes about two minutes.
6) As you flip the bread with the egg, you may need to add two more tablespoons of butter so the other side of the bread can get golden brown and the egg won't stick.
7) Add the small piece of extra bread into the pan to get golden brown as well.
NOTE- This is one of the first things I ever remember making as a kid. I also love to serve bacon or sausage along side for a more hearty breakfast.