1) Peal casings off two Mild Italian Sausage links.
2) Add two teaspoons of olive oil to a pan, add Sausage and break up the sausage links as they start to brown.
3) Dice half a cup of onion, and two garlic cloves.
4) Remove stems from five or six white button mushrooms, and dice them.
5) Add garlic, onion, and mushrooms to the pan with the sausage.
6) Season garlic, onion, and mushrooms with a few sprinkles of Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and a handful or so of freshly torn (or chopped) Basil leaves.
7) Once onion and mushrooms have sauteed, (about five minutes), add in enoughMarinara sauce to get a nice saucy consistency, to me, it was about half a big Marinara bottle. Add a little bit of water to Marinara bottle, shake, and add some water to the sauce to thin it out.
8) Boil any short cut pasta according to package directions (I just had leftover whole wheat penne, but I think any pasta would work.)
9) Save a little starchy cooking water before draining the pasta. Place pasta back into the same hot pot.
10) Scoop a few spoonfuls of sauce into the pot with the pasta, stir, then transfer pasta into the pot with the sauce and coat well.
11) If you like, top pasta with sharp cheddar cheese,(I think cheddar cheese is the best with this pasta sauce.)