1) Dice onion, tomatoes
2) In a large soup pot placed on medium high heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and place diced onion and tomatoes.
3) While cooking, season tomatoes with salt, pepper, parsley, garlic, and bay leaf. Saute until onions are translucent and tomatoes start to give off their juices.
4) Add vegetable broth and bring mixture to a boil, cooking for about ten to fifteen minutes until tomatoes start to pull away from their skins.
5) Transfer soup to a blender, mix until soup becomes smooth without lumps and run soup through strainer.
7) Pour soup back into the pot, and under low heat, add about a cup and a half of heavy cream, and adjust seasonings to your liking.
1) Melt about two tablespoons of butter in a small microwave safe bowl, spread onto bread surfaces.
2) in a frying pan on high heat, (we used a stove top grill to give the sandwich a panini grill-like taste/texture)
place one bread slice on pan and layer two pieces of cheese on cooking bread followed by the other bread slice (make sure that buttered surface of top slice is on outside). Cook sandwich on both sides for 2 minutes each and place on plate to sit for a couple minutes until cooled.